Conflict between local module and local fcontext

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Mon Jul 27 22:05:51 UTC 2015

So I have a custom module that includes:

  type lojban_logger_t;
  type lojban_logger_exec_t;

  application_domain( lojban_logger_t, lojban_logger_exec_t)
  init_daemon_domain(lojban_logger_t, lojban_logger_exec_t)

(not sure if those are redundant?) and:

  /srv/lojban/irclogs(/.*)?      system_u:object_r:lojban_logger_t:s0

I've made a variety of changes with "semodule fcontext", including:

  /srv/lojban    system_u:object_r:httpd_user_content_t:s0
  /srv/lojban(/.*)?    system_u:object_r:httpd_user_content_t:s0

As a result, the changes in my module are ignored, and the files
end up with httpd_user_content_t

So I tried:

  $ sudo semanage fcontext -a -t lojban_logger_t '/srv/lojban/irclogs(/.*)?'
  ValueError: Type lojban_logger_t is invalid, must be a file or device type

Uhh.

I guess this means that the custom module's types can't be seen by
semanage?

So, what's the correct solution here?

--
http://intelligence.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.
.i ko na cpedu lo nu stidi vau loi jbopre .i dafsku lu na go'i li'u .e