Subgit SELinux issue

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Tue Sep 22 18:37:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-09-22 at 19:21 +0100, Trevor Hemsley wrote:
> On 22/09/15 18:50, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> >     for pid file '/var/www/svn/FlopC++/subgit/daemon.pid
>
> Probably not the best location for a pid file. I'd suspect that write
> access to anything under /var/www is disallowed. Can you not move it
> /var/run?

*I* can't. It's hard-coded in a compiled executable. I could make that
recommendation to the Subgit folks. I suspect they may do that because
they know for sure where the directory they are executing from is, but
they may not feel they have a guarantee that /var/run is available in
every *nix distribution.

On the other hand, the Subversion repositories themselves are in
/var/www/svn and interacting with them works fine (including writes),
modulo this issue.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Math Sciences