SELinux in fedora SIG

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Tue Dec 2 14:10:01 UTC 2008

Deependra Singh Shekhawat píše v Út 02. 12. 2008 v 18:00 +0530:

> Hi,
>
> I have just joined the mailing list and I would like to be part of this
> SIG as I have been teaching Redhat based courses for quite a while.
> Myself had done RHCE plus RHCSS and after finishing up with my RHCSS I
> have felt that there is a lack of concern about SELinux in general
> within the Linux server community. I would love to see SELinux as a
> point in our goals to achieve.

Yes, SELinux is a never-ending and important part of Fedora and
"Security" is already one of our defined work areas
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Server#Security). One important
task can be going through the bugzilla and look for SELinux related ones
(e.g. #437707, #438488 or #465991) and help the maintainers here to
reproduce and analyze the problems and forward the fixes into the
official selinux policy. Or check whether all server packages (question
is how to find "server packages" :-) ) have a SELinux policy, etc.

> Also I quite like the idea about a spin for fedora server stuff only. I
> would like to contribute to this and other projects going on within this
> SIG. Please let me know how could I be of any benefit.

You can join a task in an already defined area or try to define new
ones :-)

> And do we have a IRC channel yet to start discussion.

It wasn't decided yet, but #fedora-server looks logical.

		Dan