yum upgrade paths

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Dec 15 14:47:43 UTC 2008

Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> Is the Server SIG interested in pursuing a package maintainer guideline
>> that requires Fedora N+X should _always_ have newer NEVRA then Fedora N?
>
> As a LiveUpgradeSIG member http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/LiveUpgrade
> and someone who also runs runs home servers on Fedora, I give this an
> extremely emphatic +500.

So I suppose we can draft up a packager guideline that makes sense, and
propose it to FPSCo/FESCo.

/me adds that to the list of tasks

One other thing, would it be feasible to write a little python script
that runs against a local mirror and checks for these things? Did we not
use to have something like that already?

-Jeroen