State of GFS, OCFS2, Clustering, iSCSI, etc. in Fedora

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 15:34:47 UTC 2009

Dennis J. wrote:
> My concern right now isn't so much about the configuration of these
> technologies but with the fact that they don't seem to be maintained at all
> right now and in various states of disarray.

ahh I see what you getting at...

> In the regular Fedora world this isn't such a big deal I guess because a
> desktop user is unlikely to use OCFS2 or GFS clustering or setup iScsi
> shares but with the creation of the server SIG I'm wondering what the plans
> are with regards to bringing this stuff back to life.

I have always just used tgtadm for setting up iscsi targets myself. I
know that scsi-target-utils is a "tech preview" in RHEL however I am not
sure its status in Fedora.

I agree that the server sig may be a good place to try and get these
tools more integrated for a Fedora Server.

-D