Fedora server

headset001 at yahoo.com headset001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 10:57:51 UTC 2009

I use a 500 MHz 4GB HDD system to run Fedora 11.
I want to use it as a router, web server and php, c++, mysql development environment, console only. I do not need printers, graphics, electronics design, dial-up support on it. I use vim, ssh, samba, iptables, NetworkManager for initial config. I would stop using mail server. These are the groups currently installed:

   Administration Tools
   Authoring and Publishing
   Base
   Development Libraries
   Development Tools
   Dial-up Networking Support
   Electronic Lab
   Fonts
   Graphics
   Hardware Support
   Input Methods
   Legacy Fonts
   Mail Server
   MySQL Database
   Network Servers
   Printing Support
   Server Configuration Tools
   System Tools
   Text-based Internet
   Web Server
   Windows File Server

The problem is that they eat up 90% of my only working partition, that is, almost 3GB. Can you please suggest a way I can free a few hundreds of MB on HDD? The problem is that, every time I try to remove the most useless group, I lose basic functionality, like NetworkManger or samba client. I hope that maybe you could suggest a solution to render my system usable for the next months, updates and some reasonably small c++ programming included.

Thank you in advance.