Fedora server

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Wed Jul 29 15:51:33 UTC 2009

> headset001:
>> I use a 500 MHz 4GB HDD system to run Fedora 11.
>> I want to use it as a router, web server and php, c++, mysql
>> development environment, console only. I do not need printers,
>> graphics, electronics design, dial-up support on it. I use vim,
>> ssh, samba, iptables, NetworkManager for initial config. I would
>> stop using mail server.

Is this a case for recommending the AOS spin, and then adding
packages from there ?

<http://spins.fedoraproject.org/>

Quote :

The AOS (The Appliance Operating System) is a scaled down version of
Fedora
with a small footprint containing only the packages necessary to run
an appliance.

--
Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/