Fedora server

Doru Georgescu headset001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 09:32:28 UTC 2009

> From: chasd <chasd at silveroaks.com>
> Subject: Re: Fedora server

> <http://spins.fedoraproject.org/>
>
> Quote :
>
> The AOS (The Appliance Operating System) is a scaled down
> version of
> Fedora
> with a small footprint containing only the packages
> necessary to run
> an appliance.

Thanks for your replies.

dan informed me that (I hope I got it right):

If you install Fedora 11 with all groups disabled, then you get a minimal install with network cards, iptables, bash, yum and sshd included; the network service, also included, can be used in place of NetworkManager, and it uses the same configuration files.

A list of "minimal" rpms for a server:
"See http://fpaste.org/paste/20124 but it was updated to Rawhide and has more server applications installed."

About appliance, I'm not sure what that means, so I post these solutions.

Doru