*tap* *tap* *tap*

Vaclav Misek misek at tnet.cz
Mon Aug 30 19:59:42 UTC 2010

 On 08/30/2010 09:27 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 15:13 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
>
>> Right. But don't you think this group could at least come up with a list
>> of proposals, or even one proposal? It could include a longer support
>> timeframe, but also detail how Fedora is not friendly to Server today.
> It needs a longer support lifetime and/or a slower update rate.
>
> I think that's really all.
>

> -sv
Hi all,
longer support should be great. I thing that updates generally doesn't
bring problems, only the one which changes API or brings regressions.
For example the problem on Web servers is that half of the users demand
new features like new PHP, new MySQL, but the other half doesn't want to
repair their broken stuff. Maybe something like OpenVZ or Virtual
machines should be the solution, but it still doesn't solve the problem
that CentOS uses some very old components and Fedora is changing them
too quickly.

sHINOBI