[Fedora-spins] Server spin

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 12 19:30:06 UTC 2010

On 11/12/10 7:14 AM, Daniel Mach wrote:
> Do you think it's appropriate to keep it this way or should I change it?
> The reason why I do it this way is, that pungi doesn't pull optional
> comps packages in the media kit. Any idea how to work this around
> without having an extra script?

To date, all spins have been either live media, or a virt image that is
quite similar.  However you mention using pungi, which means you're
making a more traditional install media, as opposed to live media.
Basically you're just adjusting what packages are or are not on the DVD
media we generate as part of a Fedora release?

To answer your question, kickstart group syntax allows options, such as
--optional.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#Chapter_3._Package_Selection

This way you can do:

%packages