*tap* *tap* *tap*

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Thu Sep 2 01:24:53 UTC 2010

On 09/01/2010 08:07 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:

>>> Your idea may have merit, but it's really not a match for Fedora Server.
>> If there's consensus on the latter, that's fine. I have not heard that
>> though, nor have I really heard anything that convinces me /opt and
>> separate filesystems are not the way to go. If you can convince me,
>> great! It means you've been able to help me learn more.
>
> If you want to discuss this particular idea further, please mail me
> off-list. Thanks.

Matt,

Um, why take an open conversation off-line? So far I've heard two folks
who feel differently than I. If it's just the three of us then you have
a majority. If there's a few more then the silence has the numbers. If
we can't figure out why or why not as a group, then there's a bigger
why, isn't there?

Leam