RPMs to make server life easier

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 09:10:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 06:54:53PM -0800, Michael R. Davis wrote:
> chrony - It looks like I'm going to like chrony better than ntp BUT.
>     1) I'd like a way to specify our internal servers in a /etc/chrony.d/ like configurations instead of editing /etc/chrony.conf

If you need to keep the main config static you can use
"include /etc/chrony.servers" and keep the local modifications there.

You can also have a NM dispatcher script in
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d (or a dhclient script in
/etc/dhcp/dhclient.d) which will add the local servers via chronyc.

The default configuration adds the NTP servers advertised in DHCP
lease automatically.

--
Miroslav Lichvar