Production?

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:30:31 UTC 2012

On 02/10/2012 07:07 PM, Scott Doty wrote:
> I know the sense of many folks using Fedora is that it isn't appropriate
> for production systems -- but despite this, I've used it in production
> servers since FC1, and I'm not displeased with the results.
>
> Does anyone else use Fedora on production servers?

I've run it on production servers with no problems et all ( minimal
install + required service(s) ) through 13months then done fresh minimal
installs and migrated the services over too that. ( Never upgraded those
servers )

Personally I think Fedora is in a unique position to act as the free
alternative LTS to RHEL that users demand for since RHEL is downstream
to us.

We would not for example be bit by any future RHEL business decision
like Centos and other RHEL clones were.

People just need to sit down,discuss and come up with a proposal on how
Fedora LTS should be and present that proposal to the community for
feedback and maybe contact the "clones" to see if they would not rather
participate in a such effort then chasing RHEL...

JBG