Proposal: FreeIPA Role for Fedora Servers Using Cockpit

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 00:45:21 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 14:53 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> As mentioned before, I've attempted to put together a user-perspective
> on what "roles" should look like in Fedora Server, using FreeIPA as a
> representative example. I want to thank Andreas Nilsson of the Cockpit
> project for helping out substantially with the mock-ups.
>
> The proposal is fairly wordy, so I put it up on my blog for perusal. I
> can copy it into the Server WG blog later, if we agree it's not
> completely off-base.
>
> http://sgallagh.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/proposal-freeipa-role-for-fedora-servers/

Uhmmmm let me try to decipher what a role is in your view, based on the
process you described.

1. A set of packages
2. A configuration mechanism to make a basic configuration of such
packages, including pre-requisites.
3. A UI (whether graphical or command line base doesn't matter) to drive
the process.

Is that all ?

Simo.

--