Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:40:48 UTC 2013

On fim 19.des 2013 15:24, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> Why would that happen? Some of your ideas were very good and we agreed
> with them. Why would we reject them simply because you stepped down?

You are not rejecting them I chose to withdraw my proposal as I clearly
stated on the FOSS pages and other of my work with my departure from the
server WG  so I would very much appreciate if that would be honored
since it would be the honorable thing to do.

What I wrote was written with everyone's interests at heart in the
community not just the applications and applications stack maintained
and best serves Red Hat's interests or teams there within and used to
advanced those application or applications stacks over community
maintained ones.

Eucalyptus or openstack, postgres or mariadb, 389ds or openldap etc it
was aimed and intended for everybody in the community to benefit from
not just single corporate that participates within our community..

To put it simply I do not want work of mine be associated with a process
that's not with the best interest of the community at it's heart.

> That would be irrational.

What's irrational is the WG process

Thanks
         JBG