Server Admins: Why not Fedora?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 18:38:58 UTC 2013

>   * Fedora has too short of a lifecycle!

This is the nr1 reason on these parts Fedora does not get deployed (
server *and* desktop in corporate or educational environments ).

I myself ran Fedora server farm ( both vm and hw ) perfectly fine when I
worked for the university and we chose Fedora for newer bits then are in
RHEL.

I of course had the farm in a HA setup so I just updated the vm's one at
a time ( or replace it one et a time with fresh new install as in we did
not upgrade ) and I recall only one time I ran into problem and that was
because the kernel guys split out the network drivers which left one if
the hs22 blades without a network connection at reboot.

Needless to say the kernel guys quickly fixed that when I pinged them
about it.

JBG