Server Admins: Why not Fedora?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Nov 1 21:53:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 22:25:33 +0100
Miloslav Trmač <mitr at volny.cz> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Luke Tislow <luke.tislow at linux.com>
> wrote:
> > You can't buy support for CentOS either to my knowledge.
> >
> > +1 to fedora moves too fast, I've only had incidents with breaking
> > desktop apps occasionally.
>
> This is something I'm curious about: Is the "moves to fast" problem
> widespread throughout the distribution, or specific to some parts
> (e.g. the GUI)?  Are the "core servers" (httpd, samba, NFS, cups, mail
> infrastructure and the like) also moving to fast, for example?

An excellent question. Perhaps someone would be interested in gathering
some stats?

for httpd, samba, nfs, cups, postfix, sendmail, exim look at all
updates for say f18 and how many are security, how many bugfix, how
many enhancement and how many are there.

We should be able to get this from bodhi...

kevin