Stuff that should be our target going forward ?

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 14:53:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 15:53 +0100, Remi Collet wrote:
> Le 31/10/2013 15:37, Simo Sorce a écrit :
>
> >> Another example of such bad user experience:
> >> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/982620 Remote applications (un)usability
> >> (AppMenu)
> >
> > To be honest I am less concerned about something like gedit, I do not
> > expect an admin to run it from a headless server, but yeah it would be
> > nice if it didn't break unnecessarily.
>
> This bug report is not really about gedit, but about "all" gnome app
> moving options to the AppMenu which is not available remotely.

On a personal note, I'd really like to be able to disable moving the
menu in the gs bar, I find it really unusable if you like me do not work
100% of the time with maximized windows, but rather use very large
screen estate and have many windows side by side as well sloppy focus...

The bonus would be to make it possible to export single apps remotely,
which is something we'll want to allow no matter what is the protocol
that will be used to remote applications.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York