Thoughts on Fedora Server lifecycle

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 16:02:33 UTC 2013

> Installable by default,

Which means we would have to exclude the rest of the components from the
"server role" until they have been deemed ready...

>   sorry. I'm talking again about the concept of
> server roles. Any of those that we offer should be tightly integrated
> and dead simple to set up and get something that works. (Getting
> something tuned to their needs after that can be more complex, of course).
>
> This is just my wishlist, but I'd like to see us focus on a few
> specific niches where we can have a big impact and then expand those
> supported roles over the course of a few preview releases, finalizing
> them for each stable release.

Which brings us back to selecting the first server application or
application stack and apply the PRD on that or those server applications.

Now that means we need to define the first "server role" and the
criteria for that "role" then look at the server applications or
application stacks which exist in the project and are applicable for
that role select which one we choose as that role.

Doing so means we also we need to figure out what to do with none chosen
server application or application stacks...

JBG