Thoughts on Fedora Server lifecycle

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 18:32:14 UTC 2013

On 11/04/2013 06:02 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:06:03 +0000
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think our primary delivery method would be ks preferable fetchable
>> from netinstall iso and stored in git ( that ks could be read from a
>> usb stick from anaconda as well ) as well as if we cant apply your
>> ansible/playbook proposal for it as well.
> Well, ks (and ansible playbooks, etc) are very flexable, possibly too
> flexable for this case. I suppose I could see basing things off some
> existing ks, but I really expect most server admins would tweak their
> own. Same for post install config...
>
> So, perhaps it's best for us to produce the underlying framework
> (possibly with a few examples) and test that and make sure it works so
> server admins can customize on top of that.

One of the problem with Fedora is that we are to generic but with
targeted products we can break away from that so I would actually say we
should produce the best out of the box optimized ks/playbooks files for
any given server product, reducing the steps necessary to
configure/tweak/optimize/scale/secure for administrator to perform and
get started.

JBG