Thoughts on Fedora Server lifecycle

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:58:25 UTC 2013

On 11/04/2013 10:48 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> In my experience the NFS server works just fine in Fedora,

Interesting...

>   that said I
> do not understand your statement, if we decide to make NFS server a
> primary use case we'd coordinate closely with the maintainer to make
> sure it doesn't break, no ?

Yes but the maintainer himself has to be willing to accept our changes
and last time I spent 6 hours getting the nfs spec files up to speed and
Steve just dismissed those changes and implemented something that goes
even against our guidelines instead so out of the 500+ components
including the file server related components from my stand point nfs
would be our last pick not first.

JBG