Thoughts on Fedora Server lifecycle

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Tue Nov 5 12:38:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 11:43 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> On 11/05/2013 11:35 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>

> > If the cloud WG limits itself to the guest end of things shouldn't
> > it really be called "cloud guest WG"? cloud WG sounds like it deals
> > with *everything* concerning cloud deployments.
>
> The hosting and running the cloud itself is an server role if not we
> wind up having to split the server WG into thousand parts...

I do not totally agree with this view.
A cloud host is a very specialized minimal install that normally just
needs the hypervisor and an agent to run VMs, and pretty much nothing
else. I do not see it as a general use case for the Server WG that
should rather deal with fully functional machines.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York