Thoughts on Fedora Server lifecycle

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Fri Nov 8 20:36:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK hold your horses I think this is jumping the gun a bit since a) how long
> we maintain an release and or how that release cycle is shaped depends
> heavily upon the outcome of the baseWG
OTOH can already tell base what we'd like (if this is/will be the consensus)

> and the bigger unanswered question b)
> How are you going to push volunteers on supporting software, they're using
> in a different version any longer?

The beauty of this proposal is that except for the limited x.[34]
period, there is only one _supported_ version at any time - i.e. even
less load than current Fedora package maintenance.  The "preview"
releases are roughly test composes of rawhide before branching, in
current terminology.
     Mirek