Installation Roles vs. Post-installation Role Assignment (or pets vs. livestock)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 15:09:09 UTC 2013

> These are *very* different deployment strategies, and we need to
> determine which that we as the Fedora Server want to be pursuing
> before we go any further, in my opinion.

Agreed I myself are in the both camp since as I envision things being
more or less like this in the future ( 5+ years )...

Home/hobby/Junior administrators and small businesses will be running
and administrating servers from an mobile web app and or mobile web
interface in a public cloud or what I like to dub "containerships" where
you simply chose/select a server role through a google play store
deployment process, while the medium/large businesses administrators
host it themselves on bare metal or in their own private cloud or
"containerships".

JBG