Fedora.next Product Branding

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 18:21:09 UTC 2013

On 11/15/2013 04:45 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> With the creation of 3 products for Fedora, the Fedora Design Team
> anticipates many new questions around Fedora's brand. As the main
> caretakers of the Fedora brand, we are going to have to figure these
> things out within the next few months. For example, the Design Team is
> starting to think about how to answer these types of questions:
>
> • Should each product have its own logo? or
> • Can you add our product to the Fedora website? or
> • Can you make our product its own website? (How should we represent
> these products on the website? Should we allow products to have their
> own separate websites?)
>
> To start off the rebranding discussion, the Fedora Design Teamhas4
> basic questions for each of the 3 product-focused working groups to
> answer:
>
> (1) What problem does your product solve, in one sentence?
> (2) Who is the target audience for your product, in one sentence?
> (3) List at least 5 products that successfully target the same target
> audience you are after.
> (4) List at least 5 products that try to solve the same problem.
>
> We are reaching out to each group individually to ask that you discuss
> these questions and come back to us with answers by Wednesday,
> December 4th2013.

For the first any particular reason you are asking for this now and with
a date before the working groups are supposed to deliver their alleged
"PRD' secondly did you do any research into what the groups are doing
and discussing before you compile a conflicting question list ( like 3
product vs products )?

JBG