Fedora.next Product Branding

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Sat Nov 16 00:45:26 UTC 2013

Hi Jóhann,

On 11/15/2013 01:21 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> For the first any particular reason you are asking for this now and with
> a date before the working groups are supposed to deliver their alleged
> "PRD' secondly did you do any research into what the groups are doing
> and discussing before you compile a conflicting question list ( like 3
> product vs products )?

Please be fair. The entire point here is for the design team to reach to
each group (e.g., doing "research") to find out these sorts of things.

I don't see any real major conflicts in the question list here. If any
of the working groups end up with more than one product, then the
questions can be answered for each of the products.

We're trying to ask these kinds of questions now so we have something to
work with; we design the artwork for Fedora well before the final
release is out for similar reasons. We've already gotten questions about
how the website will handle the products so we're trying to gather
information proactively here and be prepared.

The overall timeline doesn't involve creating any branding until after
the PRDs are out, at which time designers will schedule meetings with
each working group individually for a brainstorming session (probably in
late January, February if we have to push it back.)

Hope this helps give a bit more background to what we're trying to do here -

~m