Fedora.next Product Branding

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 12:05:14 UTC 2013

On 11/17/2013 01:19 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> We're looking at restructuring the Fedora brand framework to account for
> 3 (potentially more I guess as you said) additional products and we will
> certainly have to modify if not redesign our website - these are not
> light projects and if we're going to have branding and a website to be
> ready at launch time we are going to have to start well before the
> products launch (if late next year, we'll need to start early next year,
> as proposed!)

As far as I can see the only reason we would need another brand is if
the outcome of the WG's is being released separately from Fedora as we
know it today.

Keeping clear distinction between "Old Fedora" and "New Fedora"
essentially in it being developed on a separated branch on a separated
release cycle(s).

I asked Stephen to put on his liason hat and bring that up with FESCo
and once FESCo has answered whether Fedora.next should be in a separate
branch and on a separated release, it will answer a lot of unanswered
questions like to what extent this work can proceed, the odds of the
community standing behind it and it becoming successful or not, as well
as the perceptional difference on this work like me,Simon and others in
other working group and community wide are having amongst ourselves and
if there is a need to for restructuring of the Fedora brand framework in
the process so fourth and so on.

JBG