Call for Agenda (2013-11-26)

David Timothy Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Sun Nov 24 23:34:16 UTC 2013

Maybe this fits into the server lifecycle agenda item, but I'm
interested in support for migrations to new servers, including OS
version bumps in the process. Administrators often favor long
lifecycles because this process is usually tedious and error-prone.
The more we make this part of normal operations, the more we make
super-long lifecycles unnecessary.

It's probably ambitious for a first release, but it would be amazing
to have good tools for vacuuming over services, containers, and VMs.
The latter two already have tooling, but it would be super cool to
abstract it into a general utility for migrations. It could enumerate
migration-enabled resources. Integration with RPM verification could
list configuration that's not possible to automatically migrate.