Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 13:32:15 UTC 2013

> == My initial thoughts ==
> I am open to counter-arguments, naturally.

I'm just going straight to the overlapping issues we have between the
WG's as in we need to establish the fundamental approach of which
applications belong to our group.

Basically where I stand any application that runs daemon/service as in
it's an application (or set of applications) that runs in the background
waiting to be used, or carrying out essential tasks on an pyshical/vm or
in container or in other words basically it's an systemd/upstart/sysv
unit/service or an container that can be started and enable with the
systemd and service commands and is not part of the desktop/graphical
target ( such as gdm.service which thus makes it part of the workstation
group ), as well is not part of the base/coreOS ( like device mapper etc
) it belongs within the server WG.

JBG