Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 13:46:06 UTC 2013

On 10/28/2013 01:29 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> This was my thinking, I thought the cloud WG is about building lean
> images that do not have much in the way of wizards, installers, and
> hand-holding software, but are focused toward rapid deployment, either
> as lean hosts or as computing/elastic guests, all controlled via some
> configuration engine like puppet etc... basically single task machines.
>
> I see the server WG more about building heavier, long term, multipurpose
> servers (be it on bare metal or as guest).

I would disagree I would say single purpose servers/vm/containers all
fall under the server WG as well but I think we should be looking at
this from application stand point as in which of those services/daemon
fall under the server WG and that means we could make up to about 500
550 applications or "products" that can be deployed on bare metal in
vm's or containers we would be delivering.

JBG