Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Oct 28 15:13:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 14:58 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 10/28/2013 02:44 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > We expect headless operation to be the norm, and if graphical
> > interaction is needed, it will usually be done remotely via another
> > system, possibly Fedora Workstation. However, we should also keep in
> > mind the high likelihood that people are going to want to administer
> > these systems from Windows, Macintosh or possibly tablet devices. With
> > this in mind, I'd like to suggest that we focus our efforts around
> > web-based applications and scriptable shell commands.
>
> I disagree strongly and argue that our focus should be strictly on the
> transitioning process from packaged application to a product.
>
> Ones we have defined that process we can start transitioning
> applications and making that process depend on the relevant application
> and having application required to have web frontend before doing so  is
> pure nonsense.

Jóhann,
I always welcome your input, but stop using phrases like "pure
nonsense".

We are here to discuss technical details, you may not agree with
someone, in which case an explanation of why you do not agree is
important. But saying something is "pure nonsense" is not an explanation
and is not useful to convey your position.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York