Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 02:14:50 UTC 2013

>>>   - /etc/fstab.d/ capability
> There's a compelling case for this, but I don't think you've made it.

I'm not sure I have the skills to make that case. I know I don't have the skills to modify mount.  I just think it would be a great capability.

I would proffer that there are so many "hands" in the pot, is because there's too big of a gap between what RPM provides and what people need. Maybe you are correct, Fedora should only provide the lumber and let everyone else bring the glue.  I was just hoping that if we provided well built homes up front then we could save on the cost glue at the edge.

As it stands, we will agree to disagree as to the scope of what package management should be.  I think you understand my position.

Thanks,
Mike

mrdvt92