Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 16:08:59 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 03:36 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Simo Sorce (simo at redhat.com) said:
>> Well there is a case for distributing policy via RPMs, it is a fine
>> distribution mechanism IMHO, but it is self-evidently a completely local
>> one, and will be better served by custom admin RPMs rather than
>> distribution provided ones.
> ... and if desired, can be accomplished by packaging up a systemd preset
> file already.

That's not entirely correct since what Michael was seeking was to
install unit,enable it and started it in the same install packaging
transaction and you wont achieve that by simply dropping in a preset
snippet in the correct place afaik + that is something we will never do
here in Fedora for obvious reasons but he can certainly play with those
explosives by himself in his own rpm package if he wants to.

JBG