Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 00:20:56 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 09:48 PM, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> This has been done in the past, and this could be done again, if we
> really tried.

Why waste our time with something that has never worked in the past?

Why focus on desktop on servers when Microsoft the OS you seem to be so
desperately trying to imitating is moving away from having a DE running
on their servers?

Our primary task as I see it is deployment/ha/scalability/reliability
while we leave the desktop application to the workstation WG and the web
frontent to the Cloud WG...

As well as extend the lifetime of the underlying Fedora instance hosting
all the services.

JBG