Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 30 01:06:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:51:48AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> >>Why focus on desktop on servers
> >I think the idea of focusing on target users is important here.
> Which is server administrators not desktop users.

Absolutely.

> >  Will having
> >a GUI for servers help us grow Fedora Server use?
> No it wont however locally installed application which you use to
> connect to your server remotely to manage the server application you
> have running there might.

Personally, and from my own experience, I agree with you. But my experience
is as a Linux sysadmin in Unix/Linux-heavy university environments. Maybe
there are places *outside* of my experience where a Fedora Server meant to
appeal to desktop users would be very successful. I'm skeptical, but I don't
know.