Discussion of Fedora Server use-cases

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 07:31:58 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 01:06 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> I think the idea of focusing on target users is important here.
>> Which is server administrators not desktop users.
> Absolutely.
>
>>>   Will having
>>> a GUI for servers help us grow Fedora Server use?
>> No it wont however locally installed application which you use to
>> connect to your server remotely to manage the server application you
>> have running there might.
> Personally, and from my own experience, I agree with you. But my experience
> is as a Linux sysadmin in Unix/Linux-heavy university environments. Maybe
> there are places *outside* of my experience where a Fedora Server meant to
> appeal to desktop users would be very successful. I'm skeptical, but I don't
> know.

You dont have to know + we administrators ( yes I've been doing this as
my dayjob for the last 10 years or so ) work on deployment stories from
the field not marketing speeches.

If the need for graphical applications to either manage your server
service locally or remotely by connecting to server or server service
was there, an application to do so for it would have emerged by now and
it most likely already has or does on Android, before we can figure out
the transitioning an server application to server product process.

JBG