php fopen

Daniel Leveque dleveque06 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 13 17:33:43 UTC 2014

Hello, I am running FC20 86_64.
I have websites (imported from a previous FC version)  which call
writing data to files, namely by opening the file with fopen

Hereunder the simple code which is run:
===================
$TEXT = fopen($fichier, "a");
fputs($TEXT,$page);
fclose($TEXT);
===================

I receive following notice:
*Warning*: fopen(guestbook.txt): failed to open stream: Permission
denied in */var/www/html/IAAM/guestbook/index.php*
I have checked all permissions and they look OK
I have added selinux lines like : httpd_can_network_connect on
I have enabled some lines in php.ini like: allow_url_fopen  and
allow_url_include on
A strange thing: the page containing fopen is called index.php; I cannot
chown/chgrp/chmod it. If I force it, automatically after running the
script, returns to the previous position.

I have found hords of items quoting this issue, but could not find any
sound answer.
So far I had no such problem with previous FC OS

Thank you for your help

Daniel