Final products content for F21 pre-release web

Miloslav Trmač mitr at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 15:33:04 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On 08/25/2014 02:59 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > Websites team is asking for final text for the pre-release F21 web as it has
> > to be translated to other languages in advance.
> >
> > For current content, take a look on staging web [1]. Please confirm it or
> > provide final version asap.
>
> Not sure if it's text specifically, but why are there four downloads on
> each page instead of one?
> What is the recommended install? Is it the 64 bit Server image, or is it
> 32 bit Netinstall?

For Server, I think it should be the 64-bit DVD.  The DVD clearly offers only Server package sets, the netinstall AFAIK shows all products and non-product environments.  And 64-bit is clearly preferable over 32-bit on physical servers.    The 64-bit netinstall should be very easy to find for Server users, though.  (And I could see the case for offering netinstall first, I don’t feel too strongly about it.)

(Actually the Server tech spec says we will produce i686, x86_64, and armv7hl, in which case I’d expect x86_64 to be the primary one, and i686 and armv7hl to be shown in similar secondary positions—except that AFAICS the current test compose doesn’t include armv7hl ISOs at all.  Does anyone know what is the arm plan?  Is it the spec or the compose that is incorrect?)
    Mirek