Fedora Server Trello

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 12:52:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-11-26 at 16:22 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 03:50:39PM -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > I am not happy to use a non Fedora Infrastructure provided tool for
> > Fedora related work.
>
> I know some people in the Cloud SIG expressed a similar sentiment, and
> were interested in packaging up and deploying
> <https://github.com/onepiecejs/nodejs-cantas>, but there have always
> been more pressing concerns. Maybe you'd be interested in helping?

Sorry folks, been away for the US holiday with family.

So, Simo makes a valid point (and one I should have considered before
going ahead and recommending Trello). We should be striving to use
open-source tools to develop the Fedora Server.

The Cantas suggestion is a sensible one. I notice while doing a bit of
quick research on it that the Cantas upstream directly supports
OpenShift, so we could easily deploy a Cantas server to the public
OpenShift cloud that Red Hat has made available to us. As some of you
are aware, I already control the fedoraserver.rhcloud.com namespace. We
are using it to host http://reviewboard-fedoraserver.rhcloud.com/ for
the development of rolekit and any other Fedora Server related project
that wants to use it.

I understand that the ideal situation would be to have our services
maintained by Fedora Infrastructure, but due to resource constraints
(not least because the Infra guys are already overworked), do we feel
that using the public OpenShift infrastructure would be sufficient at
this time? We should be able to migrate if the Fedora Infrastructure
ever starts offering Cantas.

I'm going to throw together a test deployment of it today that we can
try out.