Self Introduction

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 14:31:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 14:55 -0600, Michael J Wolf wrote:
> Hello,
>   I'm Michael Wolf and I would like to be a part of the Server Working
> Group.
> I'm currently working with Fedora in the secondary arches with a focus
> currently
> on the Server release.  I would like to broaden my work in this area
> and have
> an interest in the areas of release content, installability and
> reliability.
>
> I'm looking for to continuing to work on Fedora Server for many
> releases to come.

Thanks for your interest, Michael! We're going to be going into a new
chapter of the Fedora Server SIG very soon now as we get into gear for
Fedora 22. We'll be discussing who ends up on the Working Group tomorrow
at our weekly meeting.

I'd like to remind you (as well as all other folks who have come out to
nominate themselves for the WG) that membership on the WG is not a
requirement for participation in the Server SIG (Special-Interest
Group). The purpose of the WG is to provide limited technical direction
and some conflict resolution, but the majority of the actual work is
done by the SIG members. In fact, so far I think the most contentious
decision the WG has had to make was "Which database server are we going
to promote?" or possibly "Should we provide a 'blessed' GUI
environment?"

I'll encourage all interested persons to give a read through Simo
Sorce's excellent blog post on this topic:
https://fedoraserver-wgblog.rhcloud.com/who-matters-in-the-server-working-group-you-do/