Use Cases

Danishka Navin danishka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 04:22:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:40 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 2014-12-07 at 01:28 +0800, Danishka Navin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > As I know several local universities use Fedora as the base system for
> > Computer Science students.
> >
> > They learn to not just  code C/C++ on Fedora but also learn to deploy
> > and secure Network Services.
> >

> > It would be really good if we concern on how someone can use Fedora
> > Server for his learning/teaching not just making easy to DevOps life.
> >

> > This will be a plus point when we concern on user base.
> >

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Product_Requirements_Document#Use_Cases
> >

> > Please correct me if I am wrong here.
> >

> The "network services student" sounds to me like sort of a specific
> sub-case of the "System Administrator MacGuyver" and "Junior Enterprise
> System Administrator" Personas that we put together[1]. Is there some
> special case there that these Personas don't cover? It would be good to
> know about.
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Personas

"SysAdmin MacGuyver"  is similar but I'm not sure why goals of  "Junior
Enterprise
System Administrator" just 'email infrastructure' but not web servers, etc?

I think we should should promote Fedora Server deployment guide in a way
that junior SysAdmins or students can easily access and get the things done.

--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com