Self-Introduction: Jonathan Dieter

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at lesbg.com
Fri Feb 14 13:55:30 UTC 2014

I'm not sure if this is standard practice, but I figure a quick
introduction is worth something.

For those who don't know me in the Fedora Project, I wrote the original
yum-presto plugin for using deltarpms in Fedora.

I'm here because I'm the system administrator for the Lebanon
Evangelical School in Beirut Lebanon, and we use Fedora pretty
extensively in the school.

A vast majority of our desktop systems run Fedora, and our servers are
pretty evenly split between CentOS and Fedora (with one token Windows VM
for our accountants).

I've had good experiences with Fedora as a server (our web server has
been running Fedora since 2005), as well as bad experiences (our print
server has just been switched to CentOS after a really nasty permissions
bug popped up in cups for Fedora 20).

I've looked at the PRD, and I hope I'll be a useful participant in this
WG.

Jonathan