Fedora server implementation straw man

Alek Paunov alex at declera.com
Mon Feb 17 03:22:19 UTC 2014

On 13.02.2014 18:39, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Well, we already decided our first role would be a freeipa server. ;)
>
> I don't know how far we want to go on the first cut, but it might be
> worth picking 1 or 2 more so we can also look at how roles interact.

One item from my (long :-) ) personal wishlist:

Fedora PXE server: In a FreeIPA LAN it is very likely non Fedora OSs to
coexist. It would be nice for some period of testing, education and
migration to Fedora Workstation the MACs of these machines to be
registered for PXE boot with network root (e.g. qemu-nbd or iscsi on
lvm-thinp serving base F21 image + overlay per MAC). Optionally with
included ImageFactory for generating base images for the local spins.

Kind Regards,
Alek