Deadlines

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 18:12:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 07:13 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > In case anyone missed it, FESCo's minutes have this:
> >
> > "AGREED: FESCo expects the Tech specs/docs from working groups by
> > March 3rd at the latest"
> >
> > So, we've been off meetings and stuff for three weeks now, we
> > probably should kick back into gear soon :)
> >

> Sorry folks, I've been offline for the last two weeks due to a death
> in the family and haven't been able to drive this. Has any progress
> been made in my absence off-list?

Not hugely, no - I think we were all kind of waiting for you or someone
else to start driving :( Different sets of us showed up around meeting
time each week, I think, and we never quite had quorum.

I just saw the following pass by from Dan Williams on an RH internal
list, posting it here as I'm quite sure Dan wouldn't mind:

"You might install NetworkManager-config-server, which drops some
server-type config files into /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d that do things
like ignoring the carrier on all interfaces and ensuring NM never
creates the default DHCP connections that are useful on desktops.  There
are other options in there, like making NM stop
touching /etc/resolv.conf if you know you never need to update it.  See
"man NetworkManager.conf" for more details on all these options."

sounds like something we might want?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey