Deadlines

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 21 14:00:16 UTC 2014

Am 21.02.2014 14:29, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
>> sounds like something we might want?
>
> I would say no since systemd networkd is the future for servers.
> Network Manager should go away on server installs it never work properly and nobody used it

i agree here - NM is not the replacement for network.service on servers
it's not needed in case of statical configured network cards and
systemd-networkd promises to be a sane future replacement

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-networkd.service.html

it's also work to migrate network.service configurations dealing with
brdiges, VPN, routings and so on but it's tighter integrated in systemd
which over the long covers the basic operating system besides the kernel