Deadlines

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Feb 21 16:09:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 16:00 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> I would not be surprised that networkd will be ready enough for
> replacement in F22

If you're saying the goal is for networkd to kill off network.service
entirely - then I'm definitely in favor of that.  I think that's only
realistic though if there were a parser for the old RH ifconfig files to
translate to networkd.

Anyways, there are other sides to this discussion - I'm very hopeful
that the DHCP client library work inside networkd can be reused by
NetworkManager for example.

But do also expect some cool stuff from the NM side - for example, the
kdbus work should allow it to finally exit when unused if you just have
say a static IP, without race conditions.