Fedora server implementation straw man

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 18:02:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 09:34 -0800, Michael R. Davis wrote:

> Have any of you tried to install wordpress.  It makes me sick that
> they just don't install a default database configuration right out of
> the RPMs.

Think about what we're defining here: a 'database server' role.

The point of having a single database server is that you don't run a
database on every system where you have something installed that needs a
database.

The reason Fedora webapp packages don't deploy or expect a database
running on the same machine is that, frequently, people don't want that.
They want to use a database running on another machine.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey