Deadlines

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 18:08:57 UTC 2014

On 02/21/2014 05:01 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 16:47 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 02/21/2014 04:19 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
>>> Irrelevant strawman, nobody is proposing to use openlmi or cockpit to
>>> replace working, mature, available software.
>> Relevant in the way that you dont need NM to configure "enterprise" (
>> bridging/bonding etc ) networking so maturity in NM is irrelevant I
>> would say.
> Ok, can you tell me how do you configure Team Bonding or IP over
> Infiniband with systemd-networkd ?

systemd-networkd supports configuring local network interfaces
statically or via DHCP as well as being capable of bringing up bridges,
VLANs, and bonding if that's what you are wondering and you configure
those by creating .netdev file and define which you want with kind= as in
foo.netdev
[NetDev]
Name=$bar
Kind=bond/bridge/vlan

Then you go about creating relevant related .link and .network units
just watch out that it wont collide with ethXYZ namespace used by the kernel
IPoIB is not supported at this moment and you did not need NM to do that
anyway just like the rest so...

JBG