Agenda for Server WG Meeting (2014-02-25)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 22:57:31 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-24 07:06, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> So we have less than a week left to put together our technical
> specification for Fedora 21. We've had some discussion on picking the
> set of Roles to focus on for the first release.
>
> As I see it, we need to discuss and settle on at least the following
> items:
>
>  * Target roles for F21 (vote already underway)
>  * Install media and high-level view of default packages
>  * Rel-eng, QA, etc. needs (There will be a separate call for help
> going out on this)
>

> For reference, the Workstation WG has put together an excellent
> technical specification document[1] and we should probably borrow from
> it as much as possible (both for uniformity and reduction of effort).

The QA and releng needs don't, I think, need to be wired into the
product spec - we just need to take the capacity we have for doing QA
and releng tasks into account in defining the spec, i.e. don't bite off
more than we can chew :) I think the desktop spec does a pretty good job
of this, none of it gives me the screaming heebie jeebies.

I think the main job of the technical spec is going to be to define the
components we intend to use to actually implement the 'role' design, as
that seems to be the main 'unique feature' of the server product at
least at present. As you say, I think the desktop spec is along the
right lines: take the high-level goals from the PRD and define more
precisely what we're actually going to build/use to reach them.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey