default file system, was: Comparison to Workstation Technical Specification

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 26 15:25:12 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]

I'm a kernel guy.  We already ship all of these filesystems.  People
already do installs with all of them.  Really, it's more about what we
consider _sane_ as the default for most users that don't know the
difference, and not about shipping them in general.

> potential filesystem, as David stated, it's possible in Anaconda but again
> the same question if the team would be able to maintain more filesystems
> support with high bar in terms of quality (even for example brtfs limited
> to bare minimum), QA... And it could be pretty confusing for users but that's

I don't think the support aspect is going to change much either way.
The only thing I see possibly happening is more focus on btrfs, but I
know my team isn't in a position to spend any significant amount of
time on that right now.

josh